A friend recently gave us a book called "Sleeping with Bread". It is based on a process called the examen. I'm tired so I'm just going to copy their exact words. "For many years, we have ended each day the same way. We light a candle, become aware of God's loving presence, and take about five minutes of quiet while we each ask ourselves two questions. For what moment today am I most grateful? For what moment today am I least grateful?" (there are different variations of the same questions too) I haven't read a lot from the book yet but already, I think I really want to incorporate this practice into our lives.
I am grateful for:
- Friends who watched all three kids so I could go to a Gym class
- Respite so I could sleep all Friday afternoon
- Surprise visit with soup and chocolate pie (same person watched my girls so I could run get Ethan from school)
- A thoughtful friend who picked out some clothes for Rachel at MCC (they are a bit big for now but she's still growing!)
- Friends who dropped by today with gifts for all of us, including a lasagna!
- The never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love of God (from our kids Bible story book)
It is official now. We are back at the Flames House on Monday and we are staying until Sunday. (Dave says to ask you to please not break into our house while we're gone - oh Dave..) The best way to get hold of us is probably through email. I took it off the blog because of spam issues. But if you don't have our email, call our home number. We will check it periodically.
Rachel is smiling more and laughing a little! Here's a video of her tonight, just hamming it up...I wish I could capture one of her sweet, sparkly eyed smiles. We will keep trying! There is nothing quite like a baby smiling at you, is there?