"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Please pray for Noah

In the past little while, it has seemed that so many people we know have just received difficult news and are now facing new unknowns in their life.  Some of our friends are facing some difficult news about the health of their children. And their news has shaken me in ways I can't fully explain right now.  Having just said good-bye to one child, I struggle with fears of my own - that my 'healthy' children will die too.  I know that our Shepherd is Good, and he has carried us and provided for us until now.  But still my mind races ahead...and I wonder "Will He be Good then?" And again, I wrestle and choose to trust Him because we have known Him to be faithful.  I know your list is long too, but would you join me in praying today for one of these friends of mine? 


Their names are Darryl and Kara Dedert.  Maybe you have already read their blog and you know that they have a child named Calvin who has special needs.  And that they recently heard the news that their older son needs to have heart surgery. (his aorta is narrowing) I have never met them in person - we were introduced by a mutual friend - but her story, her honesty in wrestling with the hard questions, and daily choosing to keep trusting her Good Shepherd - has spoken loads to me.  I can't remember when I was first introduced to them but I feel a deep connection to her, because of our two children - Calvin and Rachel. We'll be in Germany when the surgery takes place but a piece of my heart will be with them that day.  We pray that they will know the peace and presence of their Heavenly Father.
The surgery date for Noah is set for October 3rd.
http://www.karadedert.com/


No comments: