"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Friday, August 19, 2011

Memorial Service in Riverton

Immediately after the burial, we had a memorial service in my home church in Riverton.  We were moved and blessed by how many people came to honor Rachel's life.  Friends lead the worship songs - "Blessed be the Name of the Lord" and "Because He Lives".  And they sang the song "In Feast and Fallow" by Sandra McCracken.  It was lovely...

One thing different from the last service - we played a video of Rachel playing with a balloon. Most of the people at this service had never met Rachel in person, so I am really glad we could show this to them.  The kids said their bit about Rachel again too.  But this time, after Abigail said that she liked to play with Rachel, she paused....and then said "We like each other."  It was so sweet. 

A Good Friend of Ours, Giving the Meditation


After the service, we laid some of the flowers on her grave, on our way back to my parent's place....


My sister and my mom - and we all Match!
I don't think we planned that.....maybe they copied me?;)
Two days later, we took pictures once more - on our way to visit Dave's parents two hours south of my parent's.......it was hard to leave....but I am glad that my mom is just across the road. She can visit it for us. 


No comments: