"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Friday, August 19, 2011

Burial

The burial was done with our immediate family and with a few close friends in Manitoba....We sang Jesus Loves me. Oh, that was good but so hard too.  I still have such clear memories of holding Rachel and singing this song to her. Our friend did a short meditation and we did a balloon release with some pink helium balloons.  Rachel's body is buried in a small church cemetary across from my parent's farm.  I have memories of walking there with my mom, her telling me the stories behind each gravestone.  It is a beautiful place, partially surrounded by trees and the church just put a rock garden nearby.  It feels right to lay her body to rest there...but this was another very difficult job to get through.  I dreaded this moment all week.  I think part of the reason I was finally able to sleep that night was because this was done. 


2 comments:

Carlana said...

Thanks for sharing all these pictures. I imagine the burial must have been one of the hardest things you had to face and yet I'm sure you felt many people praying. I love seeing Rachel's special blanket. I feel so honoured to have the same one from you to remember the little one we lost.

Anonymous said...

I too say thank you for sharing these pictures, it makes it real to see what all went on at the funeral and burial and also seeing Rachel in the coffin....she really looks so peaceful and sweet....I can only imagine how much you miss her and how you nust grieve the loss of her. I had tears in my eyes seeing her here. Roselle