"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Sunday, January 9, 2011

On a cold winter's night...

Thank-you everyone for your comments and for sharing your personal stories with me.  I often follow the links to your blogs (if you have one) even if I don't get a chance to send you a personal note myself.  With one friend's permission, I would like to share something that she recently wrote about grieving.  I think she expressed this very well.  Behavior of the Bereaved

Thanks Kara, for sharing about your experience.  I think that may have been the word he used too.  I wish we had known each other then. 

We are enjoying being stuck at home tonight.  What a cold night!! I just played "Go Fish" with my kids and we might put together a storage cabinet.  And Rachel is doing really well.  I have had a few moments of anxiety when she was crying - once at church - ha! I used to be stressed just about keeping an eye out for two healthy kids! Now I visit, warm a bottle, watch my other kids, and watch to see if Rachel's going to stop breathing normally/if her crying is different, and watch for where Dave is - in case I will need him, all at once.  So in case I look distracted...this is probably why...It feels strange that my stress level has been a bit higher even though she is doing better! But it has been awhile since her last 'spell'.  Please pray that my heart can truly rest.  Thank-you. 

And almost constantly, I am thinking of and praying for Abby's family...I spent some time this afternoon watching videos on her blog and looking at pictures.  What a beautiful little girl - she brought so much joy to her family and many others too.  The memorial service is on Tuesday morning.

2 comments:

Gen said...

Hi you children
My computer was down ,But Im back
We have,t been to church for awhile
But you all are in our prayers always
I missed reading your blog but IM BACK READING IT AGAIN
Well I see we still have are little one God is good
all our love and prayers allways
OH!!!!! BIG HUGS HEE HEE
Genevieve / Howard

Carlana said...

I thought the "Behavior of the Bereaved" was so good at capturing some of the things you and those that are grieving feel and do. I actually went back and read all the previous blogs Emily had ever written!