"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quick Update

Dave's mom took the older two out to the playground this morning, and maybe on to the Big Arches.  I thought I would write a quick update before Rachel needs my attention again. She has been very fussy this past week - maybe just usual baby stuff - but it has been hard on us.  The nights are much too short and so it is a lifesaver to have Dave's mom here! Rachel still has a cough but is much better than she was last week.  I have started noticing that her usual preemie clothes aren't fitting her and I am pretty sure her legs and arms have grown! Yeah! She is wearing a few outfits (still preemie) that I wasn't sure she would ever grow into.  She may yet be able to wear some of Abigail's early clothes!


Yesterday we all went over to the Village Square pool.  I walked around with Rachel.  I had hoped to look around the library while everyone else swam but Rachel fussed till the last 10 minutes.  One thing I struggle with is stranger's questions and yesterday it seemed tougher than usual.  She was so bright-eyed and beautiful in pink and people are so drawn to babies.  I wrote something about this awhile ago but I haven't posted it yet.  I think maybe I will sometime soon because these situations have played a pretty large role in how I feel, think etc..Now I think I understand why many hurting people would rather lie than get caught up in a conversation where they have to explain it all again...





She's sleeping.  I am going to go seep some tea and listen to some new music a friend recommended.  Thanks Fiona:)  And just breathe and be.


Jesus, you are my song in the night. My strength in the fire.

5 comments:

paige said...

so looking forward to reading your views & perspectives on this... She is a gorgeous wee little thing - it's no wonder that people want more than a tiny glimpse :) Praying He gives you His words - words that give light in a dark world - & yet are a comfort to you even as you speak them.

Anonymous said...

You are one amazing woman, and you have so much more strength than you know.

Rachel is here for a reason and she is teaching us all something in how ever long she is here for. She is beautiful inside and out.

I am praying for you and your family, and thank you for sharing your life with all of us.

Anonymous said...

I can see why it is hard. She is an absolutely beautiful baby. My thoughts are with you during these beuatiful but difficult days.

Kathy said...

May you rest despite the difficult questions that people have for you. We're happy that Grandma is there to give you some familiar support.

fiona said...

kendra, you are amazing! i agree with this last post. your love for rachel is just so indescribably beautiful . . . these three remain: faith, hope and love, but the greatest is love!! may you continue to be strong in loving and then loving some more, even when it hurts. our Father's perfect love is reflected in you my beautiful friend!
(glad you liked the music . . . :D )