"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Monday, June 28, 2010

Sick

ugh.....Rachel has a cold now.  No surprise.  Every chance she gets, Abigail is hugging and coo-ing over her baby sister...and coughing in her face.  She really loves her sister - it is sweet to see.  Our older two are fine now - they had croupy coughs and lots of snot - but Rachel has enough to deal with without having a cold yet too.  It is hard - she's throwing up alot of her food.  I know they say it usually looks like more than it really is.  But this is yucky.  Sometimes I wonder if it's hard now, what will it be like when her body starts to fail her.

One day at a time..

We have received a huge outpouring of support by email, calls, and cards!! Thank-you so much for caring for us so well.  I want you to know that I am reading everything and they are an incredible means of encouragement for us.  I have been trying until now to respond to most, if not all your emails.  But I am finding that my family is getting alot less of me than they should.  So, please don't be discouraged if you do not hear from me - I would love to respond but it may not happen for awhile. Thank-you so much for understanding! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Her little body is sure going through alot.We will pray that croup will be gone ...When our children are sick like that we also go through that pain..Kendra & Dave may God give you both continous strength..Our God...HE is good.
Love & prayers
Janet M

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and your family and don't worry about responding to messages, they're just that messages. I remember how busy I was with 3 younguns like you have now and I didn't have a special needs baby. Love and prayers Roselle

fiona said...

kendra, i am more than happy with 'general thanks' on your blog :) i know how hard it is to 'ignore' gifts (that is not what our mother's taught us heh?) . . . but you are living an exceptional life right now. i bless you in being present to your family and ignoring the rest of us :D
and we will pray for healing from this cold that rachel has! we pray daily that she will not suffer. may God daily show you His goodness!!!