"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sadness

Yesterday I felt so, so sad all day. I just couldn't get motivated for anything. Today it hurts so much it's hard to breathe. I thought this was suposed to get easier.....eight months later and it hurts as much as it ever did.  I guess it's good that Dave and I are leaving for Ministerial Retreat in Cypress Hills today....I need something else to focus on right now.  So, off to packing I go...


I miss having those soft little toes in my hand. I miss rubbing my hand over those tufts of hair on the top of her head. I miss watching your face break out into this most beautiful contagious little grin. It feels like I should be able to scoop you right out of these pictures for a cuddle. I miss so much.....we all miss you so much dear sweet Rachel!

4 comments:

Valerie Ruth said...

oh so sweet

Rachel said...

I'm praying for you Kendra. I hope this weekend is good for your soul.

Kathy said...

Much love and comfort for you my dear friend. Grief is such a thing that can't be defined in a time. Praying that God will be very near to you as you remember Rachel.

Carala said...

Hey,
I didn't know you had a blog...so I started reading it today...and when I came to this post, I started to cry. What a little sweetie. I'm not sure how you go on each day...but I know that God can give incredible strength to bring us through. Your life, your story has touched me so deeply...and I know God has great plans for your family. I'm sure there are days you don't understand where he's taking you...but I pray for his unbelievable peace in your heart that he's with you every step of the way. Looking forward to our coffee one day...soon :-)