"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Friday, May 13, 2011

"I'm a Little Monkey" Video

Something strange has been going on with blogger lately...and now it looks like a few of my last posts have been lost.  Ok scratch that. Now it looks like the posts are back but not the comments.  I know there were several that I did not read.  So if you are wondering if I read yours or if you are expecting a reply and haven't gotten one, that's why.  I'm sorry!  This also makes me think I had better finish backing up my posts elsewhere just in case something else crazy happens!!  I had always thought I would wait until Rachel passes away before I get the blog printed, but maybe I will go ahead and make her birthday the last page of the first book.

Yesterday, I finally moved Rachel's clothes from our living room to the kids bedroom.  (they were in a clear container sitting on the piano) Not sure what took so long to do that.  Dave made a comment afterwards that struck me.  He said something like "we've been living for a long time as though this is all temporary." He's right.  If she had been healthy, we would have changed our office into a baby room, set up the crib and a dresser.  These clothes might have sat in the living room for a few months, but no more. And yet here she is, almost one year old! Definitely time to move her clothes off the piano...     

By the way - we are planning to have a party for her on May 27th - Friday evening - at our church.  I'll post more details later.  This party is open to everyone and anyone who wants to come and celebrate with us! We're going to have a little party on her actual birthday, a week earlier, with our family and the staff at the Flames House.  I hear that our chef might make another cake for her...he he...I'll post pictures:)  I'm kind of hoping  that I might be able to make a cake for her big birthday too. (yes, this is probably insane) We'll see... 

I'm going to try and post a video we took this morning.  Sadly, she ended up having a few very difficult hours shortly after the taking of the video.  I had a hard time deciding if I should give her fentanyl but eventually I did because she seemed to be in distress.  (blueness, high pitched cry)  She also didn't eat all morning. (she just ate now at 2pm, her first one since early this morning) Abigail showed amazing patience because I had promised her a tea party. And we did eventually have a quick tea before I suddenly realized that I needed to get Ethan from preschool.  Anyway, Rachel absolutely LOVES being held upside down.  And we even caught some little laughs on this one....

oh SHOOT - I can't believe I did it AGAIN.  I keep taking these videos with the camera turned vertically....so if you don't want to watch it sideways, I guess you could always turn your screen???

7 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie Ruth said...

awww that is so cute! wish i could be there for her birthday.

Janet said...

Awww! Awww! She is so-o-o adorable.What a precious video.Thanks for sharing that.
Much love
Janet M

Janet said...

Just to let you know I put the 1st
comment,& deleted it.The word verification got printed on beside my name somehow.it didn't look right...Sorry! =)
Janet M

patti said...

It's ok. She's just challenging gravity this way, swinging sideways. And Dave is just lying on his back. Well, maybe he's slightly in mid air himself. :) Cute video!

Anonymous said...

Awww that is just so sweet!! Love hearing her little giggle. Jen

Sharon said...

I've been thinking of Rachel as 'fragile'. She is strong and multifaceted!