"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Thursday, April 14, 2011

An 'Almost' Spell..

Rachel was so close to having a "heart spell" this morning.  I had the medication out and called Dave already to give him a heads up and watched her anxiously for ten very long minutes.  Finally she pinked up again and I went back to cleaning the kitchen.  But I'm not sure I have recovered yet.  How do I go back to doing 'normal' stuff after something like this? I have been telling people that I think I have reached a new stage in this journey.  I have been more 'at peace' with how life has turned out.  But today that is being sorely tested again.  My heart hurts.  

We're playing the kids cd again this morning called "GT and the Halo express." The kids love this CD and I love how they are learning Bible verses with the songs. There is so much in this CD about trusting God when we are afraid.  There's a part in the story where this boy is afraid of a bully and the angels have been instructing him in what the Bible says about fear. And then God steps in - our Defender and he says these words in a Strong, Deep voice.  This verse (and song) struck a chord deep in me and gave me so much comfort.  I had this picture of God being right beside me, holding me up, and caring for Rachel too.       

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

This painting reminds me of the one that was hanging in the ultrasound room where we spent so much time in my pregnancy.  So well placed.  I remember staring at it, clinging to what I believed about God, that He really is our refuge and strength.  I think I'm doing some more of that today. Clinging, choosing to focus on what is TRUE about God.  Putting on the armour of God to withstand the enemy's lies about Him....

1 comment:

Brenda Funk said...

Love you Kendra -- so glad you are the mother of my grandchildren!!