"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rachel "Talking" Dec.24


Rachel is really moving her mouth these days and 'clucking' a bit, which you can barely hear underneath my yammering and Ethan saying "I'm going to win Abigail", over and over again!! I tried to get Rachel to do it again when the house was quieter but of course, it didn't really happen....So this is real life in the Funk house!  Rachel is also moving her hands a bit in this one - I think she is trying to copy our 'good-bye wave'.  And it also captures one of her very sweet smiles too....

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Each day is a blessing...each happy moment is God sent.

I loved hearing you chatting with Rachel, seeing Rachel engage with responding back, and hearing Ethan in the background. I appreciate the "real life" feeling it all gives, for it's a beautiful reminder to me of although you are going through some dark days, God has promised to carry you through and send little blessings to encourage you. You guys have blessed me so much and have inspired me to hang on too when things get tough.

Love you all!
(((((((HUG))))))

Praying for peace and strength,
Jaclyn

Brenda Funk said...

Wonderful -- I could easily hear her clucking her tongue -- so cute -- and even Ethan is cute too! Love MOM

Carol Taves said...

What a great video clip, including Ethan "winning" over Abigail! Kendra, my heart goes out to you this Christmas season; I pray that you might have peace to enjoy the present without fearing what is to come. We love you and missed you very much this Christmas! Tell Dave my boys ate his share of Brenda's Christmas dinner and enjoyed it very much! Love you, Carol

Jobina said...

precious little girl!

Janet said...

AWWWW!!What a sweet video.Rachel is so sweet.I just want to pick her up & give her a big hug.I'm sure alot of people want to do that...Ethan sounds like he's having a good time.
On Sunday I shared at church about who your little elf's were.Of course there were lots of tears as I shared.
I like that saying,,The family that prays together..Stays together.We are a family in Christ.and we will continue to keep you all in prayer.
Much love
Janet M