"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
and carry them close to his heart, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pray for Ryder

I would like to ask you to pray for a little boy.  He is 2 months old and he has hypoplastic left heart syndrome.  (he was born with half a heart) His grandma is Ethan's playschool teacher. I met her when I registered Ethan for school. I was 8 months pregnant with Rachel and I think Ryder was due the next month.  His first surgery at a few days of age, went remarkably well, and everything was looking well.  A few days ago, when Dave was picking Ethan up from school, she mentioned that her grandson was in the Hospital.  Dave doesn't remember the details but she had sounded quite concerned.  He has an older sister who is four I think.  I can't stop thinking about them and wondering how they are doing.  The unknowns, the hope that he will pull through, an older sibling who wonders what is happening to her baby brother, and why her parents are so sad.  I hurt for them and as I hold our little girl, my heart aches for us too.  

About the cold situation in our house, Ethan and Abigail are better.  But now Rachel is sick.  It's so hard to hear her cough.  Tonight a friend is coming to do respite.  We hope she can do this once a week!  I'll have to try not to think of Rachel (not that I don't trust our friend with her) but you know how us moms are - it's hard to put aside the feeling of responsibility sometimes and completely rest. (especially when that child is sick)

It was so nice to see the sun again in Calgary! And the Autumn leaves are beautiful. I hope those of you in Calgary were able to take advantage of the good weather today.  I took Abigail to the zoo this morning for Princess Day (she was pretty thrilled about wearing her Princess costume) and to Costco for lunch.  Dave took the older kids for a walk to Superstore later in the day.  I even sat outside and watched Ethan ride his bike for a bit.  It was the kind of day we haven't had in a long time and I am so thankful for the beauty that was in it.       

1 comment:

Janet said...

I will be sure to let our prayer groups know about Ryder.We will be praying for him Sunday morning too...And oh how God will use you to be a support to them also.."Jesus give them all the strength they need."...There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you & your family.
Love & prayers
Janet M